The Sermon on the Mount
Delivered by Jesus, Son of Blessed Mary
As quoted in the Bible
Jesus, son of Blessed Mary, went up the hill,
people gathered round him, and he began to teach them:
- Happy are those who are mourn; GOD Almighty will comfort them.
- Happy are those who are humble; they will receive what GOD Almighty has promised!
- Happy are those who have desire to do what pleases GOD. GOD Almighty will reward them fully!
- Happy are those who are merciful to others; GOD Almighty will be merciful to them!
- Happy are the pure in heart; they will meet GOD Almighty!
- Happy are those who work for peace; GOD Almighty will provide them eternal peace.
- Happy you are when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil and lies against you, because you are my followers. Be happy and glad, for a great reward is kept for you in heaven.
- You are like salt for all mankind. But if salt loses its saltiness, there is no way to make it salty again. It has become worthless, so it is thrown out and people trample on it.
- Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the earlier Prophets. Whoever obeys the Law and teaches others to do the same, will be great in the Kingdom of heaven.
- I tell you: anyone who looks at woman and wants to posses her, is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart. So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
- If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose one of your limbs than for your whole body to go to hell.
- I tell you: if a man divorces his wife, for any cause other than her unfaithfulness, than he is guilty of making her commit adultery.
- I tell you: do not take revenge on someone who wrongs you. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, let him slap your left cheek too. And if someone takes you to court to sue you for your shirt, let him have your coat as well.
- I tell you: love even your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Why should GOD Almighty reward you if you love only the people who love you?
- So when you give something to a needy person, do not make a big show of it, as the hypocrites do in the houses of worship and on the streets. They do it so that people will praise them. I assure you, they have already been paid in full. But when you help a needy person, do it in such a way that even your closest friend will not know about it.
- When you pray, do not use a lot of meaningless words. Pray: O GOD Almighty, do not bring us to hard testing, but keep us safe from the evils.
- And when you fast, do not put on a sad face as the hypocrites do. They neglect their appearance so that everyone will see that they are fasting. When you go without food, wash your face and comb your hair, so that others cannot know that you are fasting.
- No one can be a slave of two masters; he will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both GOD Almighty and money.
- Do not test others, so that GOD Almighty will not test you. For GOD Almighty will judge you in the same way as you judge others. And HE will apply to you the same rules you apply to others.
- Why, then, do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, and pay no attention to the log in your own eye?
- Ask GOD Almighty, and you will receive; seek, and you will find, knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks GOD Almighty, will receive, and anyone who seeks, will find, and the door will be opened to him who knocks.
- Do for others what you want them to do for you: this is the meaning of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the Prophets.